Rekey Locksmith ServicesRekey Your Locks & What That Means
What does the term “rekey” mean? Rekeying should not be confused with replacing an entire lock. A locksmith simply disassembles the lock cylinder – the area that accepts the key – discards the old pins, and replaces them with ones that fit your new key. This is a cost effective way to replace old keys with new ones, and it only takes a short amount of time to complete.
When it comes to the security of your property, valuables, and loved ones, you want to let the experts handle rekeying your locks. Hawken Locksmith Services, Inc. has years of experience in lock rekeys of all sorts. We understand the urgency you may feel in having your locks rekeyed. Which is why we have parts on hand for emergency situations. By using our professional service we guarantee that the job will get done in a timely fashion, and that no parts of the door or lock will get damaged in the process.
When You Should Rekey Your Locks?
- Keys are lost or stolen
- Purchased a new home, condo or business
- Tenant moves in or out
- Changed cleaning services, babysitters, or other household service
- Contractor or ex has spare keys
- Office employee leaves the company
- You want a master key for all your locks
When You Should Replace Your Locks?
- The lock is broken or irreparable
- You want to upgrade the lock
- You want to upgrade your security
- To update the aesthetics of the hardware